Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mommy's Secret

While watching TV a few nights ago with Cali, a commercial for Victoria's Secret comes on. You know, the one where they are promoting sexy bras/panties while wearing angel wings and walking aimlessly with music in the background.

As I was quickly motioning to change the channel to locate some level of wholesome programming, Cali pipes in with: "Mommy?"

Of course, mommy wasn't home at the time to witness/hear this. Oh, how I wish she was. At first I chuckled at such an odd question by Cali. Why does Cali instantly think a scantily clad woman is mommy? Does mommy walk around in this attire while I am away? Does Cali believe any blonde woman is her mommy? What was I to do...how do I respond?

Do I agree with her and allow her to think mommy (and possibly all mommy's) is a lingerie supermodel? Do I tell her no and have her cry because she is heart broken and decides to boycott Victoria's Secret forever? Ugh! Such a dilemma for a Thursday evening. Doesn't Cali understand I had a difficult enough time figuring out what to have for dinner earlier that evening?! Damn you VS, damn you!

How did I actually respond? I will have to leave that up to speculation. Let's just say Cali (and daddy) is coping with the truth.

Oh, but on a brighter note, Cali apparently thinks I resemble Terrence Howard:
 I think it's the eyes...